Hurricane Helpers











 The effects of hurricane Sandy are unlike anything I have ever witnessed first hand and the fact that I live in Brooklyn and was not affected makes me feel incredibly lucky. This weekend, my boyfriend Arthur, his business partner Michael and I attempted to do what we could in an effort to help those less fortunate then ourselves. The Brooklyn Kitchen organized an amazing donation drive which I volunteered at on Friday (and found this fetching Twister Onesie!!). We then came back early Saturday morning and packed Arthur & Michael's work truck full of donations and drove it to the red cross distribution site. It was an immensely physical challenge but seeing so many volunteers work together to get it done gave me a whole new level of respect for my New York neighbors. Here's hoping that it all reaches the right people and might bring a little light in to their darkness during this hard time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GREGG WOLF JEWELRY